Position: Finance Manager
Location: Turkey – Gaziantep
The Centre for Civil Society and Democracy seeks for Finance Manager to be based in Turkey-Gaziantep.
Key responsibilities of this position will include management and oversight financial; financial reporting for donors; budget development and management; financial accounting and record keeping; and ensuring a high level of compliance, as well as transparency throughout all functions.
The Finance Manager will be the first point of contact for the headquarters staff in all daily finance- related questions and will effectively support all departments in their day-to-day operations.
We look forward to adding a detail oriented and thorough member to our team, who has the ability to take leadership on financial issues while maintaining a collaborative and communicative approach.
- Work to amend and develop financial and accounting policies in line with donor compliance requirements.
- Work to amend and develop the financial guide of CCSD to serve the quality of work.
- Ensure that the exchange is in compliance with the CCSD’s policy and exchange authorities.
- Training and qualification of cadres in the financial department and other departments with regard to any new updates in the financial policies and procedures.
- Giving the necessary warnings and clarifications to the management and department managers in everything related to financial matters.
- Matching and settling the CCSD’s accounts and sending the accounting reports to the management on a monthly basis.
- Preparing for the financial audits and coordinating with the external auditors to meet the requirements of the audit process.
- Work with the cashier to follow up on the status of cash and the center’s need for it.
- Follow-up and registration of bank accounts.
- Follow-up and recording of donor payments.
- Establishing mechanisms for receiving funds from banks as needed.
Management and Planning:
- Work with management to develop new program budgets.
- Work with management to plan regarding the center’s need for money and the volume of financial disbursements.
- Administrative follow-up of all matters related to the employees of the financial department.
- Ensure that the periodic needs are paid on time and review them when necessary.
- Provide information and submit it to the management on time.
- Prepare financial reports for the donors and the management.
- Submit reports on the cash position of all bank accounts in addition to preparing responses and explanations on the financial position and the state of budgets.
- View forecasts of previous month’s expenses and actual expenditures to ensure managers can estimate costs accurately.
- Provide management with explanations of large discrepancies, when present.
- Ensure that all forms of monthly bank reconciliations are completed for all bank accounts of all offices.
- Keeping all work in clearly classified files, ready upon request.
- Submit a monthly report to the direct manager, including what has been accomplished during the month.
- Considerable knowledge of financial management and accounting systems and processes.
- Comprehensive understanding of current accounting and tax legislation and accepted best practice.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and present financial data into management reports and statements.
- Ability to develop and present operating budgets and cash flow forecast and analysis.
- Ability to develop financial and accounting procedures and monitor implementation in each department.
- Ability to conduct comprehensive internal audits.
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage Finance personnel.
- Excellent organization skills and be able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- The ability to move and travel if required.
Academic qualifications and practical experience required:
- Bachelor of Financial Management or any equivalent university degree.
- Good level of understanding and the ability to using QuickBooks accounting software.
- Practical experience in finance of at least 5 years, experience of at least 3 years in financial management in non-profit organizations.
- Fluency in English language (reading – writing – speaking).
- Good computer capabilities (MS Office) and necessary accounting programs.
- CCSD is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, At CCSD we believe diversity is what makes our work richer and our team stronger.
- We are strongly encouraging females to apply for this position.
- Multi-sent CVs will be ignored (please send your CV only one time at a time).
- No resume will be reviewed after the specified date for receiving CV’s to the announced vacancy.
- We thank all applicants; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- CCSD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
- The submission for this vacancy ends on: 17/11/2021
- Please submit your application via this link: https://forms.gle/6uSNJbg7fG45ktHy5